Arduino is a simple programmable Circuit board, just like a small computer. You can program this to input data, process data and also get output from it or perform some action as output. Arduino is an open hardware development device, therefore you can program and create whatever you want it’s free. and We can make simple color light Patterns to complex Robots using this Arduino.
This is my Arduino nano board, And also you can buy different models of Arduinos. Like Arduino Mega, UNO, nano, pro mini, also, etc. But I recommend using UNO or Nano as a beginner.
What are the components of this board?
This is the main part of the Arduino board, The Atmel chip. this is nano and also it has Atmel mega 328p chip as the main IC. You can see Different kinds of Atmel chips in different Arduino boards. Let’s see about that.
|Atmel chip (Processor)||Arduino Board||Memory (RAM)||Digital Pins (I/O)||Analog Pins (I/O)|
|Arduino Uno, nano, pro mini,…||2 KB SRAM, 32 KB flash||14||6 (6/0)|
|Arduino Due||96 KB SRAM, 512 KB flash||54||14 (12/2)|
|Arduino Mega||8 KB SRAM, 256 KB flash||54||16 (16/0)|
|Arduino Leonardo||2.5 KB SRAM, 32 KB flash||20||12 (12/0)|
Let’s see about the components in this Arduino nano board. Also, This is the front side of the circuit. You can see here,
- This Oscillator generates 16 MHz frequency, Also That frequency helps to operate this Atmel Mega 328P chip. In different Atmel chips need a different value of frequencies. Also, All the values are shown in the table.
- Reset Button
- This is a simple push-button, also You can press this to restart the program in this board.
- USB Mini-B Port
- This port is used to connect this Arduino with your PC. also You can refer more to Wikipedia.
- LRD Indicators
- Here you can see 4 lights, Also It indicates some information to the user. First and also Second lights indicate the serial communication of this Arduino board. Also, The third light indicates the power connection of the board. Forth light for the Testing purpose and also we can use it to get output from this board.
Also, Let’s see back side of the nano board,
- Serial Communication IC
- Atmel chip only can operate with serial signals, therefore This IC (CH340G) helps Atmel chip to Communicate with the PC. It converts USB data signals to serial data signals.
- 3.3V Regulator
- This Arduino operates with 5V voltage. Sometimes we need 3.3V to connect some components with this board, In that case, we can get that 3.3V output from this regulator.
Arduino Nano pin diagram
- Digital Pins
- We have 12 digital pins in nano. Also, we can use these pins to connect digital components. It can only operate with two-stages, in high stage pin has +5V voltage and also low stage pin has 0V voltage which is equal to the ground pin.
- Analog Pins
- Here in Nano has 8 analog pins. Also, we can get analog readings through these pins. Also, It can vary between 0V to 5V.
- Reset Pins
- There are two reset pins we have in nano. Also If we supply this pin to +5V voltage, the board will consider the same action as we press the reset button on the board. Also, It will restart the program in the Arduino.
- Ground Pins
- Also, This is the 0V pin. We can use this pin when the components are connecting to this board and also we supply external power for this board.
- 5V Pin
- Also Using this pin we can get +5V dc voltage from this board.
- 3.3V Pin
- This pin is using the 3.3V regulator, Also we can get +3.3V output from this pin.
What is the difference between Arduino Nano and UNO?
You can see here, when we compare these two UNO board is larger than Nano. But components in there are same. Also, Thay all are work with the same concept.